St. Thomas Forane Church, Dharmaram, Bangalore.
Notice 15 March, 2020
1. The time schedule for all Wards conducting Way of the Cross during the period of Lent has been published on the notice board. Kindly co-operate.
2. As part of the special prayers for those suffering from Corona Virus, Benediction and blessing with Holy Eucharist will be held every day after the 5.30 pm Holy Mass until Palm Sunday.
3. Oottuthirunnal in honour of St. Joseph has been cancelled on account of COVID-19. There will be Solemn High Mass at 5.30 pm on 22nd March, in celebration of St. Joseph's Feast.
4. Bible Convention – Krupabhishekam 2020 - stands postponed to a later date.
5. Re-exam for the Catechism students will be conducted on 19th April Sunday at 10.30 am at A/c Hall. Students who have failed and have been Withheld need to write the exam to be promoted. Students of 10 and 12 please note the certificate from the Diocese will be issued only if you have attended the re-exam.
6. Catechism Scholarship exam and Catechism teachers Final Quiz round will be conducted on 19th April at 10.30 am at St. Thomas Church, Jalahalli.
7. Applications are invited from Parishioners who hold a Degree and are committed to teach Catechism for the next academic year. The interested applicants shall submit their application at the Parish Office.
8. A Career Guidance and Personality Development Camp has been arranged for the Boys who have completed X/XII board exams this year. The camp will be on 4th April Saturday from 9 am to 3.30 pm at our church. Those who are interested may kindly contact the Asst. Vicars before 29th March.
9. Mathruvedi meeting will be held on 22nd Feb., Saturday 2.30pm at St. Chavara Hall.
10. Meeting of St. Thomas Youth will be held on next Sunday after 9.00 am Holy Mass at St. Chavara Hall. All the Youth members are requested to attend this meeting.
11. Summer Vacation Programme for learning Malayalam; and for the spiritual, mental and creative growth of our children will be conducted from 5th to 12th of May from 9 am to 1 pm. Those who are interested shall register their names in the Parish Office.
12. Parishioners have the opportunity to include Photos of Birthdays, Marriage, Wedding Anniversary, death Remembrance, Advertisements etc. for the next Santhome Messenger. Submit the matters, answers of Ephatha Bible quiz, Cross Word, Word Puzzles Competitions in the office before 22nd March.
13. Parents are requested to collect the DVD of First Holy Communion and Confirmation today itself.
14. Admissions are open at Santhome Kinder to play group and Nursery for the year 2020-2021. Application Forms are available in the Parish Office.
15. Next Marriage Preparation Course will be from 17th to 19th of April. For the details and registration please visit the Church Website.
16. Job Applications for data entry are invited from Santhome Sauhardha Co-operative Society. Details are on the notice board.
17. It is obligatory for Syro-Malabar members who have been staying here for more than 6 months should enlist their names in the respective Syro-Malabar Churches near their place of residence. Especially, the youth should obtain a youth identity card, participate in youth meetings and take signature from Fr. Vicar or incharge brother. This will be extremely necessary for issuing any certificates. To obtain a Free State Certificate for marriage, youth identity card is a must and this certificate will be issued only 3 months after obtaining the youth identity card.